Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Ivan

We're home at Ivan's behest. It doesn't look like it's going to hit us, which is of course good for many reasons, not the least of which is that I did not heed the administration's advice to make my classroom hurricane-ready. I guess I didn't believe for a second that we wouldn't be at school on Tuesday. Obviously can't say I'm not glad that I was wrong on that one. Anyway, it gave me the time to have a conversation with my good friend, Ellen, from Mandeville High School, about how things are going at our respective schools. It really gave me a perspective that I needed. Reflecting off of her I saw how lucky I am to be where I am, doing what I'm doing, and it reminded me of how unjaded and even innocent my students are.
I'm too jumpy to write any more today.

Disposed of: a lawn chair and an extra pair of headphones.

Melanie Anne Plesh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home