Monday, January 31, 2005

they're back

It is a new semester and so the kids who were expelled earlier in the year are back. I don't know the politics behind that but I know that we again have kids banging on our doors and howling in the halls. Today when I finally couldn't take the noise anymore I stepped into the hall and a kid was hiding in a nook next to my door and he jumped out and screamed in my face and scared the hell out of me.
I'd gotten complacent. But I'm also not brand new anymore and I cannot just sit in my room ignoring the hallwalkers while my students are being assaulted by them. It's more than foolishness. They're trying to tear us apart again. And I can't sit silently by. But I have to be careful.

Melanie


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*

7:29 PM  
Blogger Marsha said...

Melanie,
I've missed your postings!
It is hard to get adjusted again. I know I get so happy with the ways my kids progress, that somehow I always expect (hope) the next classes will come in just like the last one left. Guess I'm naive. :)
If it helps at all, know that I'm praying for you daily. Please be careful.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home