Sunday, July 10, 2005

I cannot explain it

I have no idea how this happened. For two weeks I have not been able to post a new blog, though I've been fiddling with trying, and tonight, after someone wrote on the blog and asked me what happened to me, I got forward and sent about 10 almost mean emails to the blog people, begging them to help me (I actually used the word "begging"), and then I decided to erase all the attempts and try again, like to start from scratch, and when I went back to the site (in blogpeople talk, the "dashboard"), after having done nothing but beg into cyberspace, I was able to get into the blog! I cannot understand it. There must be a God!
I've been reflecting on everything. I typed my journals from the past year (five of them) into a word document and pasted the blogs, including the comments, into it, and printed it. It's 400 single-spaced pages. The story just gets deeper and deeper. Now I'm editing it. In fact, yesterday was the day I realized there was something wonderful about it, that it's a fantastic story of people talking about teaching and society and good and bad and right and wrong and love and joy and pain and kids and other people and such. Yesterday it hit me what we'd done.
Maybe what I should include here is the introduction I'm writing. It's a very early draft, but it's something I'd love to have seen. I will work on it tomorrow and post it here.
And I will think further on this tonight, now that I can write in the blog again. School is over, but we're not. I have to think though about how to proceed. Is there something I'm not thinking about that is obvious or would be good to include? Should I include some of my journal writings? Should I reflect on the process I'm going through about making a story out of this? Should I write about how I lounge around the pool? haha. I'm consumed with this story. And I want to continue with this blog. I don't know what to do at the moment. Give me a thought if you will.
Thank you.
And I am SO happy to be back!

Melanie

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy McKeand said...

It's good to have you back, Melanie!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Welcome back!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home